Quite simply there really is no better, more reliable, more cost effective solution to congested NTFS shares or mapped network drives than Archive Manager. It hits straight at the source of the problem, allowing you to simply and effectively remove old and unused files from your network shares in a managed way. All archive Manager needs is the .NET framework version 4, SQL Express 2008 SP2 for the job scheduling engine and an empty share on your network somewhere. It is probably the fastest, most reliable, most cost effective solution to network file congestion there is. Recall shortcuts can even be left behind which users can click on to recall files back from your archive. When archived files have been in your archive for the length of time you set, they can be removed from your archive with the 'graveyard' function and then backed up to other media one last time before being deleted permanently. All in all a brilliantly simple, and simply brilliant solution to file archiving.
Archive Manager comes in 3 versions, the first being a low cost 'Express' version which supports 1 scheduled job (each job can archive content from multiple locations). There is also the 'Standard' version that supports up to 5 scheduled jobs, and finally the unlimited 'Datacenter' version. All the versions share the same high performance job enine and flexible features.
» version 3.417 - posted on 2015-01-13
Rebuild for .Net v4, Reporting Utility Initial release.
» version 2.55 - posted on 2007-03-20
Numerous revisions and changes.
EULA - End User License Agreement
By downloading or installing Archive Manager you agree to the following terms.
1) The concepts, methods, ideas, look/feel and code in and of Archive Manager are the sole property and copyright of MLtek.
2) You shall not decompile, re-produce, re-distribute, re-sell, lease, or in any other way disseminate or modify the software here in either in whole or in part without express written consent from MLtek.
3) MLtek have extensively tested Archive Manager in a variety of configurations and setups. However, there are so many possible system configurations that we cannot make any guarantee's that this software is fit for any specific purpose.
4) For the same reasons given in item 3 MLtek accepts no responsibility what so ever for any loss, both consequential and inconsequential arising from the use of this software regardless of how that loss shall arise.
5) Even though the freeware/evaluation version of Archive Manager is free all copyrights titles and rights remain the property of MLtek and all of the points above still apply.
If you do not agree to these terms then do not install the software, installation of the software signifies your acceptance of these terms.
Tell us your experience with Archive Manager - Standard3.417
RELATED PROGRAMS Our Recommendations
FreeCommander FREE FreeCommander is a file management tool with enhancements added for a better usability. It is an alternative to the standard file manager offered by windows. The program features the following: - Dual panel with vertical and horizontal view. - Tabbed management for the interface - Extended... Download
Archive Manager Standard Edition TRIAL Released in 2002 and benefiting from a sustained period of development and evolution, Archive Manager is the most reliable, cost effective and simplest solution to congested file servers available. Crucially, Archive Manager doesn't try to shoehorn files (or even pointers to files) into a... Download
Archive Manager - Standard TRIAL Quite simply there really is no better, more reliable, more cost effective solution to congested NTFS shares or mapped network drives than Archive Manager. It hits straight at the source of the problem, allowing you to simply and effectively remove old and unused files from your network shares... Download